Mayday Stories: Day 2 Somewhere New

 


We got behind on the May prompt challenge but we are having fun looking back at the prompts and enjoying coming up with new stories. 

Check out a rough draft sneak peek from our prompt for day 2:

"How are you so calm right now?" Kawil demands.

"Because this place is awesome!" Teigen says. "I found a really cool bed of moss!"

Asle stares at Teigen. "A literal bed?" He asks. "As in, human sized?"

Teigen stops for a moment to think. "I didn't lay down on it... but I will go see!"

"Wait, no!" Asle chases after him.

Teigen jumps and whirls around to face Asle. "You were loud!" He puts a hand to his chest. "You scared me."

Asle skids to a stop. "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Teigen asks. "I feel fine." He shrugs. "Don't you just love it here."

"Not really," Asle says. Something about it all made his skin itch.

Teigen hugs Asle. "Awww. You will!" He takes Asle's hands and sways with him. "It's so great."

"Teigen, I'm..." Asle glances around. "Are you sure you're all right?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" He looks at Asle seriously then. "Are you all right?"

"I'm starting to think there's something in the air here," Asle says.

"The air is so fresh!" Teigen sighs. "I'm going to go look at the moss again."

"Maybe you should go lie down in your bed," Asle suggests, snatching at Teigen's arm before he can rush off again.

"Bed? I don't need a bed. I need ... my sticks!" Teigen's eyes widen. He puts his hands on Asle's shoulders. "Have you seen them!?"

"I have," Asle says, certain that something is very wrong with Teigen. "You left them back at the RV."

"Right..." Teigen nods slowly. "I should go get them!" He laughs suddenly. "I saw a tree... and it looked like a troll."

"Where was this?" Asle asks, fingers twitching for his flamethrower. Alas, it was lost to the lava fish.

Teigen stares at him for several minutes. "Where was what?"

"Come on." Asle tugs Teigen into step. "We're going back."

"Back but I don't want to go back." Teigen grumbles as Asle pushes him back toward the RV.

"I don't care what you want right now," Asle says succinctly.

Teigen groans and grumbles more. "Fine," he says with a pout.

"You're adorable," Asle says, steering Teigen inside. "Karo! Torazo! We've got a problem!"

Karo hurries outside. "I knew it! What's the problem!?"

"Teigen's high," Asle says, presenting Teigen.

"I'm sorry?" Torazo asks, sure she's heard wrong.

"I am not!" Teigen says. "I am ... the same height I always am!"

Asle gestures at Teigen triumphantly.

"Honey," Torazo says gently. "Have you eaten or drank anything from outside?"

Teigen thinks about it and shakes his head. "I smelled a flower. but I didn't eat it."

Asle stares at him.

"That's good," Torazo soothes. "Wouldn't want you potentially getting poisoned."

"I am not poison!" Teigen says. He sighs. "I need a nap."

"You absolutely are not," Torazo agrees. "Karo, can you help me get the monitoring room set up? I want to make sure Teigen is extra comfortable."

Karo shakes her head. "I knew it. I knew this place was bad. I knew it!"

"Are we going to end up like that?" Asle asks.

"If I had to guess.. it's level of exposure. If it's in the plants then we really need to get the others back." Karo watches Teigen being led away by Torazo.



Comments

Popular Posts